In 1957, the Dietrich Family began tending a small table offering goods at Renninger's Farmers Market, near Kutztown, Pennsylvania. After a larger farmers market building was added, the family followed in step, adding considerably more space to their ever-growing booth, and at the same time, continuing to make additions to their list of items available for sale to their faithful customers. This continued growth would eventually lead the family to realize the need for a local butcher shop and retail country store.
Combining the skills the family had to offer, they began planning for the construction of such a facility, while continuing to manage the growth of the farming operations. In December, 1975, the Dietrich family opened their doors to what would become an establishment dedicated to continuing the traditional food ways of the Pennsylvania Dutch culture.
Over the years the business has evolved with the times, yet in many ways has remained the same by keeping quality the top priority of their tasty homemade products. Today, more than fifty years after beginning to tend that small table at Renninger's Farmers Market, Dietrich's is known far and wide as the place to buy delicious Pennsylvania Dutch specialties,as well as those hard-to-find favorites that we have all come to love.